Welcome to the page of
Sailors Ski Too
Team Funds Raised:
Team fundraising goal: $2,500.00
Sailors Ski Too
Why Sailors Ski Too is our team name:
I used to think ALS was rare, but I keep finding out about someone else's loved one who has either died from it or is currently living with it—Allan’s mother, Robin’s friend, John’s cousin, Michelle’s friend, Scott’s mother, two of Carol’s friends, and I’ve known two people with it myself, so how could it be rare? It’s not! Those two people, Donnie Graham and Keith Matteson, came into my life through the sailing community, and before ALS they were both skiers! I’m appealing to you sailors, skiers, and all our other intersecting communities to help make a difference together. See my personal page for more details. Each of our team members have their own reasons for doing this fundraiser, so check out their pages too: NINE members this year! By donating to our campaign you are making it possible for the ALS Association to continue helping those who need their help now and, eventually, to Defeat ALS!
THANK YOU!! --Alice Patten
- On-staff Care Services Coordinators who offer individual support and home visits to assess needs, suggest equipment, connect with local resources and help families plan.
- ALS Association Certified Centers of Excellence and Clinic partnerships with Providence Brain & Spine Institute, Portland VA Health System, OHSU, Kaiser Permanente, St. Charles Health System, The Center and Asante Health System.
- Medical Equipment Program in partnership with Numotion and Norco Medical to loan equipment to aid in daily living activities and with mobility.
- Chapter Grant Program that funds a myriad of reimbursable, ALS-related expenses such as respite care, counseling, co-pays for healthcare costs, home modifications, and more.
- Monthly Support Group Program for people living with ALS, family members, and friends.
- Support and resources for children, in partnership with The Dougy Center, who have ALS in their families.