Join us in supporting the fight against ALS!
Since 2012 ALS Northwest has been organizing the Ski ALS fundraiser at Mt Hood Meadows to raise funds to help those impacted by ALS as well as to fund research to find a cure for this devastating, terminal disease.
This will be the sixth year since Colin's Crew started fundraising for ALS Northwest. In those 6 years we’ve consistently been one of the top fundraising teams. We’re asking you to help continue that fundraising endeavor by either joining our 2024 Ski ALS team on the slopes of Mt Hood on March 9th, 2024, or reaching into your wallet with a tax deductible donation for this cause.
You can make a difference. Join or donate today!
Why We Need Your Help
The life expectancy of a person with ALS averages 2 to 5 years from the time of diagnosis. Thanks to our messy health insurance services, in a very short period of time, the person and their family need a myriad of services and support not covered by our healthcare system.
ALS Northwest works behind the scenes in Oregon and SW Washington to help fill those healthcare gaps as well as funds research to help find a cure. Your TAX DEDUCTIBLE donation helps with:
- On-staff Care Services Coordinators who offer individual support and home visits to assess needs, suggest equipment, connect with local resources and help families plan.
- ALS Northwest Certified Centers of Excellence and Clinic partnerships with Providence Brain & Spine Institute, Portland VA Health System, OHSU, Kaiser Permanente, St. Charles Health System, The Center and Asante Health System.
- Medical Equipment Program in partnership with Numotion and Norco Medical to loan equipment to aid in daily living activities and with mobility.
- Grant Program that funds a myriad of reimbursable, ALS-related expenses such as respite care, counseling, co-pays for healthcare costs, home modifications, and more.
- Monthly Support Group Program for people living with ALS, family members, and friends.
- Support and resources for children, in partnership with The Dougy Center, who have ALS in their families.
Help create change in the ALS community. Support our efforts by donating to a team member or joining our team today!